Bernadette M. Laniak, the author is a laywoman who contributes regularly to the newsletter "Focus" which is published in support of the local Catholic Pregnancy Help Center in Rochester, NY (USA)
On dit du chrétien qu’il est un pèlerin parce qu’il est en route vers le Royaume de Dieu. Dans cette marche, la prière est importante : elle ouvre notre âme à la présence de Dieu. Elle nous apprend à vivre en Dieu. Mais il n’est pas facile de prier en toute circonstance comme il n’est pas facile de vivre l’Évangile. C’est là que le chapelet vient à notre aide. Nous pouvons le prier partout : à la maison et en voyage.
1. ¡Abba, Father!
The characteristic, intimate prayer of Jesus with his Father.
Pray to be able to abandon oneself to God’s loving plan
The espousal and marriage of Mary and Joseph, or the wed-ding at Cana.
Pray that married couples experience the love of Christ in their conjugal life
3. The birth of Jesus
The incarnation of the Son of God; the gift of children.
We pray for expectant mothers (and fathers) and all children
• Sung or meditated rosary where each mystery is announced and then a short song is sung or a brief meditation is offered by one of the members of the group)
• Biblical Rosary: reading for each mystery a biblical text which narrates the Gospel scene meditated upon, or very short texts (or one or multiple passages) before the recitation of each Hail Mary of the mystery.
• Prolonged intercession: for whatever sort of need, the rosary lends itself to uninterrupted, long-term prayer, whether of an individual or of a family / group.
• On the one hand, it is composed of prayers that are recited from memory (Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be), which give it external structure and make communal prayer of the rosary possible.
• On the other hand, there is the meditation of the “mysteries”, that is, of biblical scenes from the lives of Jesus and Mary, which gives the rosary its spiritual depth and unction…
• O Rosário contém todo o mérito da oração vocal e toda a virtude da oração mental (Sta. Rosa de Lima).
• No Rosário encontrei os atractivos mais doces, mais suaves, mais eficazes e mais poderosos para me unir a Deus (Sta. Teresa de Jesus).